Thursday, June 24, 2010

Do not expect

By Sai

Relationships? Nah! I've had the best and the worst of it! Right now I don't want to commit to anybody. Yesterday I proved myself right.

I have a friend, let's just call him "Bernie". Bernie is a good friend of mine. I met him in Makati City during our training for a call center position. He's really nice and he's a smart guy too.

We have been talking for quite some time now but not seriously. We discuss matters about "us" since we have an unknown relationship. We're friends but we both know that we have "special feelings" for each other. Though this is our situation, I never expected something from him and vice versa. We enjoy each other's company but with no commitment at all!

Good thing I never expected anything. Yesterday I found out through his Facebook update that he is in a relationship with someone else. Weird but I'm very happy for him :) I even liked his update with no hard feelings at all.

During that moment I noticed myself smiling. I am so proud of myself! I was not hurt for the first time! I think I'll be like this for a long time. I don't want to commit to anyone and I don't want to be in a serious relationship again (not in five or ten years from now). I think I just don't want to be controlled anymore. I love being single! I am having fun of doing all the things I want to do without asking for someone else's permission. I'm living a rejection-free life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post Back to Top